His sonorous and mellifluous range never ceases to amaze the crowd; Prasad Khaparde has been regaling the audience ever since he started performing at the age of 7. Touted as India’s most sought after vocalist, the maestro has trained under the tutelage of Ustad Rashid Khan of Rampur Sahaswan Gharana. He completed his Master’s Degree in Indian classical vocal music in 1997 and later worked at Kala Academy, Goa.
Prasad carved out a name for himself in Indian Classical music scene and dedicated his success to sheer perseverance and the blessings of his Gurus who always showed him the path of the righteousness.
In his career, he has collaborated with many renowned National and International artists and sung in a Marathi movie, ‘Thaang’ which is directed by renowned filmmaker Amol Palekar. Few of his notable performances came in –
– Sawai Gandharva Sangeet Mahotsav, Pune
– Shree Baba Harivallabh Sangeet Sammelan, Jalandhar.
– Universal CD Indialucia with Spanish Musician Miguel Czachowski
– Indian Classical with Turkish Music; Composer – Suleyman Erguner
– MTV Coke Studio, India where he collaborated with European Composer Nitin Sawhney